The Conundrum
1
2

Frustrated.
♣ 0

Moral of the story: Never trust module codes/titles that pique your interest. Always pick university modules that sound the least interesting, and the most challenging to do.
Case in point, Victorian Literature was a breeze compared to Literature and Psychoanalysis (even though the latter sounds infinitely more interesting); Psycho biological perspective to Emotions was a lot easier to score than Social Psychology (which studies human behavior, which is supposed to be the most interesting facet of Psychology); and History of Science was ten times easier than Perfumes and Cosmetics (superficial, but you must admit that there is something attractive about a module titled as such).


I am going through hell right now trying to vomit an essay on the Abject (that's right, still on this damned piece of work). This is, thus far, the worst Lit module I have ever taken. It is utterly unfathomable what Jaques Lacan (whose name is, ironically, pronounced as Jack Ass Le Cunt) and Kristeva are trying to prove. They bring bullshit to a whole new level. And while I must admit that my lack of depth might be the root of the problem, you must know that my dear friend S (who is known for her grasp of the E language), along with all the other Lit prodigies (their contributions in the other lit modules we've taken in common attest to their brilliance) I personally know are struggling with this piece of shit that is Kristeva's Power of Horror. So I am not the only one wondering what the hell this module is about.


I shall now get back to work because as of now I have, effectively, 24 hours to study 13 weeks worth of Social Work.
This semester is tragic.

Labels:




◄ older

newer ►